A Chipotle franchise in Sterling, Va., temporarily closed Tuesday morning after receiving multiple reports from customers who said they got sick after eating at the restaurant, sending the chain's stock plummeting 6 percent.

The reports — which were collected on
the crowdsourced early-warning site “I Was Poisoned” — describe severe vomiting, diarrhea and stomach pains contracted in the hours after eating at the Chipotle Mexican Grill at 21031 Tripleseven Rd.

The incident raises specters of the string of foodborne illness outbreaks that devastated the Denver-based chain in 2015. The restaurant experienced repeated outbreaks of E. coli, salmonella and norovirus in a six-month period, forcing it to take the extraordinary step of temporarily closing more than 2,000 locations in February 2016 to conduct employee food-safety training.